Seydel 1847 Classic Low Tone Harmonica
The Seydel 1847 Low Tone Harmonica is the lowest sounding Blues harmonica in the world. It has a new Baritone design & Stainless Steel reeds. The low tone is the Classic 1847 design but available in super-low tunings and redesigned to include a 20% thicker comb and raised coverplates. Available keys range from LF# (low F sharp) down to LLE (double-low E). This innovation expands Seydel's 1847 line of Stainless Steel reed harmonicas to include the extreme bass range.
The double-low models (LL) are tuned two octaves lower than standard harmonicas, making SEYDEL’s 1847 LLE the lowest tuned diatonic harmonica worldwide.
In comparison to the 'standard tuned' models, low-tuned harmonicas offer a very sonoric, slightly softer and unobtrusive sound making them an excellent choice for accompaniment (chords or bass lines) as well as for soloing. Their sound is similar to that of a tenor saxophone, a trombone, or even a tuba, especially if played amplified. This considerably extends the range of application and opens many new possibilities for harmonica players.
To get the desired sound out of the low-tuned models the notes need more space. The resonance chamber has been increased by the 20% thicker comb made of sealed walnut and the higher coverplates. This gives the new 1847 Low models a fatter and louder sound. Special valves ensure very good air-tightness, even in the extreme low range.
This design change has a positive impact on sonority and tonal control of the 1847 Low models. While the player is animated to open his or her vocal tract slightly more to increase the resonance chamber, the improvements in design, such as the thicker comb aid in creating the larger resonance chamber, yielding a superior, low sound. The sound becomes fuller and more voluminous and the instrument can be played with a better response.
Thanks to the raised coverplates rattling reed noise is a thing of the past and players get a greater sound projection towards the audience through the wide-opened back of the instrument.
- Available in keys Low F# and Low E here at The Vibe (available down to Double Low E (LLE) to order)
- 20% thicker comb made of sealed walnut
- Higher coverplates
- Larger resonance chamber
- Lowest tuned diationic harmonica worldwide
Established in 1847 (Germany), Seydel Harmonicas is the oldest harmonica manufacturer in the world and produces a range of models. C.A. Seydel and Sons produce high quality harmonicas and harmonica accessories which are constructed with great precision and are known for their unique sound.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.