Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy details the types of personal data we may collect about you when you use our site. It also explains how we store and handle that data.
Who Is Clarinet And Flute?
Clarinet & Flute London is a trading name of Saxophones Ltd Our company registered address is:
601 London Rd
The legal basis/purpose for collecting your data
Data collected by this site is used to:
- Take and fulfil customer orders
- Administer and enhance the site and service
- Issue a unique identifier (e.g. customer login)
- Monitor customer account status beyond that required for individual purchases
- Disclose information to third parties for goods delivery purposes, communications and theft mitigation
We can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, we can process your data when you tick a box agreeing to subscribe to our newsletter.
We will always make it clear to you which data we will process to comply with contractual obligations. For example, if you have your purchase delivered, we will collect your address details and pass them over to our courier(s).
If the law requires us to i.e. in instances of fraud or theft, we can pass your details over to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may collect your shopping history to put together personalised offers, identify the trends of groups of customers, or to develop new products.
When do we collect your data?
- When you create an account
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and/or redeem vouchers on the phone, in our shop or online
- When you make a guest checkout/purchase online
- When you create any post or comment via one of our social media accounts
- When you join the Teacher’s Advantage scheme
- When you contact us regarding queries or complaints, and we take details to contact you
- When you leave reviews on our products
- When you visit our shops and your image is recorded via our CCTV systems
What categories of personal data do we collect?
- If you sign up for an account: your name, gender, date of birth, billing and/or delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us in store or online
- Copies of documents such as passports or an ID card which you have provided to prove your age or identity where the law requires this (such as for finance or hire). This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
- Analytics regarding your visits to our website (cookies in your web browser, for example). This could include browser information, web pages visited, your country etc.
- Payment card information
- Product reviews or comments on products
- Your CCTV image when you visit our shops
- Social media information from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram: usernames, details you may provide so we can respond to queries. These web applications may collect information such as IP addresses via a cookie. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How And Why We Use Your Data, and Details Of Third Parties We Work With
We may disclose your information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- Payment information may be shared with finance companies (such as V12 or PayPal) in order to complete transactions
- Your comments and ratings may be shared with reviewing agencies (such as Trustpilot)
- Your image may be shared with security companies or the police should we need to report an incident
- Your social comments may be shared (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram)
- Operational companies in order to complete shipping (UPS, DPD)
- Hosting companies in order to run our email servers (Rackspace, who host and store our information in the USA)
- IT companies in order to run our website (Intelligent Retail)
- Marketing automation companies in order to send you newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Direct marketing companies to offer surveys, contests or other promotions. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address etc.
The retention period for the personal data
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely or anonymised.
For example, when you place an order online as a guest, we’ll keep the personal data you give us so we can complete your order. At the end of the completed transaction your details will not be retained.
The rights available to individuals in respect of the processing
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- Corrections to your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we cease any consent-based processing of your data after you have withdrawn consent
- That we stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels or select channels (such as email newsletters). We must always comply with your request.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while we process your request.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to file your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website