Selmer Prologue Bb Clarinet
The Selmer Prologue Bb Clarinet offers immediate comfort to the improving player. Classed as an intermediate level model it is light and easy to play. It has ergonomic keywork specially designed for players of all levels which encourages a quick adjustment to playing a new instrument. It’s specifically designed bore makes its response smooth and easy and it has a lovely flexibility right from the bottom of the range to the top.
- Bell ring made of high strength elastomer.
- Adjustable thumb rest with ring.
- Valentino pads
- Supplied with Selmer 'Focus' mouthpiece.
- Prologue backpack style case.
About Selmer Paris
Founded in Paris in 1885, Henri Selmer began producing professional grade clarinets in 1898 amongst other wind and brass instruments. During this time, his brother Alexandre Selmer was progressing up through the ranks of the top American Orchestras playing on Selmer Paris clarinets, eventually becoming Principal clarinet of the New York Philharmonic in 1909. He subsequently set up a shop in New York selling Selmer Paris clarinets and later returned to France, entrusting the running of the shop to a fellow colleague. On Alexandre’s return to France, the workshops of Selmer began to expand due to the continuing popularity of the brand. Selmer have continued to add to their extensive range of instruments over the years and continue to be a respected brand name worldwide.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.