Selmer Privilege Bb Bass Clarinet to Low C
The Selmer Privilege Bb Bass Clarinet is made from ebony with silver plated/brass keywork. It combines strikingly easy blowing and a round, warm sound with plenty of power. It’s also incredibly versatile and favoured by orchestral players worldwide. The privilege has balanced tuning in all registers. Featuring easier keywork it feels better under the fingers and allows a more natural and comfortable playing position. It’s beautifully responsive and allows swiftness and a feeling of freedom. The Privilege bass clarinet marks a decisive step forward in the development of the instrument while keeping the basic design which made the previous models so successful.
- Key : Bb
- Ebony body
- Silver plated neck / Silver plated brass bell
- 22 keys, articulated G#, Eb lever + Eb to the thumb, automatic octave key
- Bore Diameter: Upper 5mm / Lower 23.4 mm
- Pitch : 442 Hz
- Boehm System
- Leather pads with metal resonators
- Stainless steel needle springs
- Selmer Silver plated ligature / cap
- Selmer Paris ‘Lite’ Case
Founded in Paris in 1885, Henri Selmer began producing professional grade clarinets in 1898 amongst other wind and brass instruments. During this time, his brother Alexandre Selmer was progressing up through the ranks of the top American Orchestras playing on Selmer Paris clarinets, eventually becoming Principal clarinet of the New York Philharmonic in 1909. He subsequently set up a shop in New York selling Selmer Paris clarinets and later returned to France, entrusting the running of the shop to a fellow colleague. On Alexandre’s return to France, the workshops of Selmer began to expand due to the continuing popularity of the brand. Selmer have continued to add to their extensive range of instruments over the years and continue to be a respected brand name worldwide.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.