Pilgerstorfer Orchestra Bb Clarinet Reeds
The Pilgerstorfer Orchestra Bb Clarinet Reed has a lovely soft tone and exceptional flexibility. A Bohm model reed it is suited to open, short and wide faced mouthpieces. These reeds have been created with a good attention to detail and a good file. Their playability straight out of the box is brilliant, and once they’re broken in a bit it just gets better and better. Saying this, you’d expect them not to last that long, but no! They’ve got a great longevity and will be a good player from start to finish. Very much favoured by the staff here at the Flute and Clarinet London.
- Available in strengths 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4,
- Reed thickness 3mm
- Width: Front 13mm, Rear 11mm
- French tube cane
- Box of 10
Pilgerstorfer Reeds tend to come up a little softer than other brands. Maybe consider going up a strength from your normal.
The Pilgerstorfer Company was founded in Austria in 1994 by Alexander Pilgerstorfer after he had finished studying under the guidance of Professor Peter Schmidl of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. Based in the North of Austria, Pilgerstorfer are now the biggest producer of clarinet and saxophone reeds in all of the German speaking countries. They only use the best French cane from one special plantation near Hyres and the cane is dried for 7 years before being used for reeds. Pilgerstorfer reeds are sold in 64 countries worldwide and used by many top musicians including most of the clarinet players in both the Vienna and Berlin Philharmonic Orchestras
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.