Legere European Cut Bb Clarinet Reed
Preferred by professional players, the Légère European Cut Bb Clarinet Reed is precision cut with state of the art machinery. This ensures high quality consistent reeds. The signature range of reed designs have been based upon the advice of professional clarinetists including Larry Combs and Barnaby Robson. Signature Series reeds are made from a stiffer material and are cut thinner than the Classic reeds. These changes make the Signature Series reeds more flexible across the tip, producing a full spectrum of overtones and a beautiful sound with minimum effort. The European cut further enhances the response and playability of the signature series reed allowing for a bright yet colourful and warm sound. Being made from synthetic material they have a consistency which allows for smaller steps in strengths. It also means the reed lasts considerably longer and is less vulnerable to chips and cracks. They also don’t need to be dampened before playing making them an excellent choice for doublers who don’t have time to prep reeds when swapping instruments.
- Available in strengths 2, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.25, 4.5
- 1 x Reed
- Made from polypropylene (Does not absorb water / 100% non-toxic / Can be sanitised)
- Extremely durable
- Made in Canada by Légère Reeds Ltd
Established in 1998, Guy Légère and Mark Kortschot joined forces to produce high quality synthetic woodwind reeds. Based in Toronto-Canada, Légère Reeds use state of the art computer controlled machinery and produce precision cut reeds with a worldwide distribution. Guy Légère combined his background in Chemistry (as well being an amateur clarinettist) together with Mark Kortschot’s background in Chemical engineering and applied chemistry to produce reeds from a special polymer compound.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.