Hohner Thunderbird Low Harmonica
Sometimes the sound of a harmonica in regular tuning is just not fat enough to really counterbalance the power of guitar, bass and drums. Fitted with our patented bamboo comb, the Marine Band Thunderbird offers the perfect solution. It’s tuned one octave lower than standard harps and features an innovative tapered cover design to prevent reed rattle, inspired by the work of legendary harmonica customizer Joe Filisko. The lowest tuned diatonic model in our portfolio, it deliverers a powerful, rich sound that’ll make the floor shake. Experience a hitherto unknown dimension of deep-toned harmonica playing, let it carry you away into new sonic adventures, and reshape the perception of how the harmonica sounds.
- Richter Tuning
- 10 holes
- 20 brass reeds
- Stainless steel cover surface
- 0.9 mm brass reed plates
- Brass reed plate surface
- Triple Lacquered Bamboo comb and mouthpiece
- Length 10 cm
- Made in Germany
In 1857, Matthias Hohner established a small harmonica factory in Germany and over the past 150 years, the Hohner Group have grown to become a highly successful brand worldwide. Hohner Harmonicas are a popular choice with pop, rock and blues artists worldwide due to the outstanding manufacturing quality and design of the models. They offer a huge range of diatonic and chromatic models suitable for the total beginner through to professional players. As well as Harmonicas, Hohner also manufacture accordions, melodicas, recorders and guitars
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.