Hohner PentaHarp Harmonica - SPECIAL OFFER
Our Winter Sale includes a large array of products at great prices! These Harmonicas are new and unopened, a steal in time for Christmas. Limited in numbers, when the are gone, they are gone!
The Penta Harp is built for all musicians, not just harmonica players! If you have every tried to learn the harmonica before and were confused with the note layout, this harmonica is for you. The Penta Harp’s intuitive design is easier to understand so you don’t have to use advanced techniques to get the notes that you know will work. You can play melodies and solos effortlessly!
The Pentatonic scale is one of the most useful scales in popular music. Guitarists know this scale as “Playing in the Box”. Play any of these notes in the right key and you can’t play a wrong note. Hohner took this a step further by adding what is known as the “Blue Note”. This additional note adds a chromatic run for extra expression and is known to many as the “Blues Scale”. To play this scale on a standard harmonica you would have to perfect advanced techniques that could take years to master.
Unlike standard Richter-tuned harmonicas, there is no need to play in 2nd position or “Cross Harp” position. The Penta Harp is straightforward in its tuning. You can play in the same key the song is in or the same harmonica can play a song in a major key if it is the relative minor. The notes are laid out in such a way that you do not need to draw bend, blow bend or over blow to play a useful scale!
While you don’t need to know how to do advanced techniques to make this a useful instrument right out of the box, there are so many things this harmonica can do that no other harmonica can!
• You can vamp in the standard 1-4-5 pattern just by blowing on holes 1-2-3.
• Octaves are easily accessible and you don’t have to change your mouth embouchure. This works on both blowing and drawing!
• You can blow power chords, which no harmonica has allowed before!
For those that do know more advanced techniques you will be amazed to know what this harmonica can really do.
• You can draw bend on every hole across the entire range of the harmonica!
• While the Penta Harp is not necessarily set up for Over blows, this new note layout allows for more Over blows than any other harmonica.
• In 3rd position you can play the major pentatonic scale with the available draw bends and over blows
- Available in G, A Bb, C, D, E & Low F Minor Keys
- 10 Hole Pentatnoic Tuning
- 20 brass reeds
- Stainless steel cover surface
- 0,9 mm brass reed plates
- Stainless steel surface
- ABS blue comb
- Length 10.2 cm
In 1857, Matthias Hohner established a small harmonica factory in Germany and over the past 150 years, the Hohner Group have grown to become a highly successful brand worldwide. Hohner Harmonicas are a popular choice with pop, rock and blues artists worldwide due to the outstanding manufacturing quality and design of the models. They offer a huge range of diatonic and chromatic models suitable for the total beginner through to professional players. As well as Harmonicas, Hohner also manufacture accordions, melodicas, recorders and guitars.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.