Hohner Discovery 48 Chromatic Harmonica
The first HOHNER chromatic harmonica was released in the early years of the 20th century. So in the early 21st century, we decided to commemorate the centenary of this historic occasion by unveiling our Discovery 48. While remaining true to the character of the original, its ergonomic design incorporates all the advantages of a 21st century instrument. The warm, mellow sound captivates listener and player alike and invokes the true essence of what the chromatic is all about. Recommended by leading players, the Discovery 48 is the perfect instrument for beginners and ambitious hobbyists alike, offering many of the advantages of more expensive models at a bargain price.
- Matt Black ABS comb
- 48 Classic chromonica reeds (full 3 octave range)
- 1.05 mm brass reed plates affixed with nails
- Stainless steel covers
- Solo Tuning
- Soft Shell Case
- Made in Germany
- Slide easily converted for left hand use
- Black ABS mouthpiece with square holes
In 1857, Matthias Hohner established a small harmonica factory in Germany and over the past 150 years, the Hohner Group have grown to become a highly successful brand worldwide. Hohner Harmonicas are a popular choice with pop, rock and blues artists worldwide due to the outstanding manufacturing quality and design of the models. They offer a huge range of diatonic and chromatic models suitable for the total beginner through to professional players. As well as Harmonicas, Hohner also manufacture accordions, melodicas, recorders and guitars.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.