Florian Popa Vortex Symphony Barrel Bb Clarinet
The Vortex Symphony Barrel for Bb Clarinet is handcrafted in Ebony. Popa describes the barrel as the ‘brain’ of the clarinet, capable of improving resonance timbre and sound transmission. The idea behind the range of Vortex barrels, is to design a barrel that achieves a single direction of molecular movement, to increase resonance and tone.
Made from ebony which is over 100 years old, this versatile barrel will work for you regardless of genre of music you play, although it will work especially well for soloists.
Through the way the harmonics are channelled through this barrel, the clarinets performance in higher registers is improved and a richness is achieved. The Vortex Symphony barrel has thicker walls than the Vortex Concert model, meaning that a bigger, richer and darker sound can be achieved.
Depending your individual style as a clarinettist, the Vortex barrel can work with you to achieve your own individual and unique sound. This customisation is a simple way to alter your clarinets tone.
Each of the Vortex barrels come with magnetic points, which allow for the attachment of Popa’s innovative PowerSound. An energising crystal, which increases the energy and controls the orientation of the sound waves. Purifying the sound and eliminating static electricity from your instrument which can affect the overall tone and projection.
(PowerSound sold separately)
- Handmade with carefully selected ebony
- Magnetic points to attach the Power Sound
About Florian Popa
In 2010, Dr. Florian Popa decided to found his own company manufacturing and selling accessories for clarinet and saxophone under the name of ClarSax Popa S.L. committed to quality which musicians need. Dr. Popa, specialised in acoustics and phenomenology of music, ‘guaranteeing the excellence if each of the products’. Taking three factors in to account: futuristic concept; exclusive design, materials with an acoustic criteria applied.
A family business, located in the north of Spain, the team are overseen by Dr. Popa himself so as to maintain the acoustic qualities that are applied to all their accessories, with a focus on handcrafting.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.