Florian Popa Jewel Ligature Bass Clarinet
The Florian Popa Jewel Ligature for Bass Clarinet is a patented design, made of highly acoustic alloy containing a mixture of gold, silver and bronze.
This ligature is ideal for Jazz musicians, but will work in many settings due to the timbre and sound projection capabilities, alongside its flexibility and harmonic richness. The Jewel ligature is simple to attach to the mouthpiece, with a simple twist and fix motion for convenience. Creating a friction fit allowing an even distribution of pressure on your mouthpiece a fluidity between the vibrations of the reed to your instrument is achieved.
Popa’s Jewel ligature improves the clarinets acoustic resonance and works with your bass clarinet mouthpiece and reed choices to create a darker sound. With special attention paid to the materials compound, this ligature achieves an individual response and freedom across the range.
There are other ligatures in the Florian Popa range, made from different materials such as ebony or ceramic. All in one piece with the twist and fix fitting. Check them out!
- Patented design
- Handmade from alloy of gold, silver and bronze
- One Piece- Twist fix
- Due to the one-piece design of this ligature, they are designed to fit individual mouthpiece brands. (Please contact us if you have a mouthpiece from different manufacturers listed so as to get the best fit).
About Florian Popa
In 2010, Dr. Florian Popa decided to found his own company manufacturing and selling accessories for clarinet and saxophone under the name of ClarSax Popa S.L. committed to quality which musicians need. Dr. Popa, specialised in acoustics and phenomenology of music, ‘guaranteeing the excellence if each of the products’. Taking three factors in to account: futuristic concept; exclusive design, materials with an acoustic criteria applied.
A family business, located in the north of Spain, the team are overseen by Dr. Popa himself so as to maintain the acoustic qualities that are applied to all their accessories, with a focus on handcrafting.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.