Buffet 1180 Bass Clarinet to low Eb
The Buffet Crampon 1180 student bass clarinet was entirely redesigned to offer young students and amateur players an instrument providing thrilling sensations in the lowest notes which are the foundations of harmony.
Its wide, homogeneous sound palette and extremely fluid legato allow the musician to experiment with every acoustic or technical idea imaginable.
As the only student bass clarinet made from selected and treated grenadilla wood from Mozambique, delivered in a compact, lightweight case, the new Buffet Crampon 1180 stands out from all others thanks to the quality of its manufacture, its remarkable intonation, timbre and overall comfort. It sets itself as the global standard for student bass clarinets.
- Model: 1180
- Key : Bb
- Pitch : 440 Hz / 442 Hz
- Natural African blackwood
- Silver plated German silver bell
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Silver-plated keywork
- Blue steel springs
- Leather pads
Established in Paris in 1825, Buffet Crampon has built up a highly respected worldwide brand name producing a range of clarinets of exceptional quality (amongst a range of other wind instruments).
For nearly 200 years, Buffet Crampon have continued to research advanced techniques and design ideas as well as collaborating with renowned artists to create instruments with technical precision and great artistry. As a company, Buffet Crampon have always made it a policy to employ instrument craftsmen, engineers and sales representatives who are themselves musicians. Through the combination of traditional methods, advanced techniques and listening to the advice of renowned players, Buffet have created a range instruments of artistic and technical excellence.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.