Silverstein Works CRYO4T Ligature & Cap- Bb Clarinet
The Silverstein CRY04T Clarinet ligature is a cord ligature that brings the Prelude and the CRY04 ligature together. Made from dotted cord with a refined strand running through it means less contact and pressure on the reed. This ligature has been engineered to enable the player to discover an entirely new sound. Giving you more control, dynamic sound and richer tonal colour.
With 4 fine tuners, the CRY04T gives you the opportunity to personalise your ligatures response. by altering the position of the tuners, you can change the focus and colour of your sound. This gives you complete control and flexibility. The closer they are positioned to the reed the more focus to the sound, whereas the further away a less focused sound is achieved.
Going through the Cryogenic Treatment Process of plunging the alloy of the ligature into -300˚F. This improves the ligatures characteristics by changing the crystal structure of the metal, resulting in a richer natural sound with improved resonance.
Just like the Prelude, the CRY04T's mechanism can alter your tone simply by how much you tighten the mechanism by converting the turning torque into pushing force. The unique design of this ligature can also compensate for thickness of reed, so, if a reed is too thin, tightening more makes the reed sound thicker and vice versa. Also, by tightening less, the sound gets darker as the reed is able to vibrate more
There are many different models of Silverstein ligature in varying sizes to match your mouthpiece size from the Prelude to the Maestro, so whether you play Eb clarinet or bass clarinet, there’ll be one to fit not only your mouthpiece, but your style too.
- Small or Medium Sizes Available (Most Bb mouthpieces fit the Medium)
- Cord Ligature: Aerospace Grade Material with Zero Elasticity- dotted cord with a refined strand
- Fine Tuning System- (4 fine tuners for detailed control)
- Sound Adjustment Screw
- Brushed Gold Finish
- Cryogenically Processed for Enhanced Resonance
- 2 Year Warranty
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.