Pilgerstorfer Profondo Bass Clarinet Reeds
- Available in strengths 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4,
- Reed thickness 3.5mm
- Width: Front 17mm, Rear 14.5mm
- French tube cane
- Box of 10
- Pilgerstorfer Reeds tend to come up a little softer than other brands. Maybe consider going up a strength from your normal.
The Pilgerstorfer Company was founded in Austria in 1994 by Alexander Pilgerstorfer after he had finished studying under the guidance of Professor Peter Schmidl of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. Based in the North of Austria, Pilgerstorfer are now the biggest producer of clarinet and saxophone reeds in all of the German speaking countries. They only use the best French cane from one special plantation near Hyres and the cane is dried for 7 years before being used for reeds. Pilgerstorfer reeds are sold in 64 countries worldwide and used by many top musicians including most of the clarinet players in both the Vienna and Berlin Philharmonic Orchestras.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.