Kooiman Maestro 2 - Clarinet Thumb Rest
From Ton Kooiman, the Maestro 2 thumb rest is a fully adjustable thumb rest created to prevent fatigue and injury which can often be sustained by pressure applied when using a standard thumb rest. By relaxing the muscles of the hand all the way up to the neck because of the sophisticated design, a more natural and individual hand position can be achieved alleviating stress and tension.
Moving the pressure contact point from the first phalanx (tip of the thumb) to the space between the two joints of the thumb, the pressure is much reduced. At this new point, the weight is carried far easier and allows the player much more flexibility. Which in turn speeds up technique and allows easier reach of the lower keys.
With the mounting slides the thumb rest can easily be put on the instrument within seconds. Once the perfect position is found, it will not need to be adjusted and will be able to be used for many years.
Just like athletes, musicians are constantly trying to get the maximum output from the energy and effort they put into performing, whilst trying to maintain a free and natural playing posture and perfect technique. This thumb rest is suitable for both adults and children with any sized hands. Made for every type of player (amateur and professional) who would like to play with less physical fatigue and much improved results, this a thumb rest to make your playing experience pain free and relaxed.
- 2 mounting slides (so you can have this system attached to more than one instrument)
- Instruction manual and screws.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.