Florian Popa Ebony Symphony Ligature Bass Clarinet
Florian Popa’s Ebony Symphony Ligature for Bass clarinet is handcrafted in ebony that is more than 100 years old, that is not put through any chemical processing. A specially sourced wood chosen for its acoustic benefits. Designed for soloists and symphony orchestra clarinettists, this ligature helps increase your dynamic flexibility.
A patented design, this ligature, unlike the rest of Popa’s range includes an interior integrated seat which helps to fix the reed in the perfect position and keep it fully horizontal in the fixing process. With Popa’s signature twist and fix motion to attach your reed to the mouthpiece, saving time with the instruments assembly. Also allowing for easier adjustments!
This channel provides a full and even pressure along the length of the reed and helps to provide a full balance of sound across the range aiding in free articulation and harmonic richness.
This ligature gives a greater feeling of projection in comparison to the concert model. A great example of Popa’s drive to create luxury products with acoustics, design and materials at the forefront.
- Handmade with carefully selected ebony
- Integrated Reed Seat
- One Piece- Twist fix
- Due to the one-piece design of this ligature, they are designed to fit individual mouthpiece brands. (Please contact us if you have a mouthpiece from different manufacturers listed so as to get the best fit).
- Special Order for Eb/Alto clarinet Ebony Symphony Ligatures
About Florian Popa
In 2010, Dr. Florian Popa decided to found his own company manufacturing and selling accessories for clarinet and saxophone under the name of ClarSax Popa S.L. committed to quality which musicians need. Dr. Popa, specialised in acoustics and phenomenology of music, ‘guaranteeing the excellence if each of the products’. Taking three factors in to account: futuristic concept; exclusive design, materials with an acoustic criteria applied.
A family business, located in the north of Spain, the team are overseen by Dr. Popa himself so as to maintain the acoustic qualities that are applied to all their accessories, with a focus on handcrafting.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.