Yamaha YCL 221IIS Bb Bass Clarinet
The Yamaha YCL 221IIS Bb Bass Clarinet is a matte finish ABS resin bodied bass clarinet. With a range down to low Eb, its design is based on the professional 621II model. This clarinet is the perfect instrument for the intermediate clarinettist looking to expand their skills in an orchestra, band or clarinet ensemble.
This instrument boasts features such as a neck angle similar to that of your standard Bb clarinet, making the transition even smoother. Straight tone holes and a redesigned register tone hole, placed for the most accurate intonation. The connecting joint has been designed for the first time bass clarinettist in mind; the rounded key prevents the need to hold down keys when putting the instrument together, preventing damage.
The 221IIS makes playing the bass clarinet a lot easier than you might think, with the lightweight ABS resin body and 4C mouthpiece that is provided. All within a lightweight durable case that is easily transportable.
- Silver plated keywork
- Yamaha 4C Mouthpiece
- Standard Series Bb Bass Clarinet
- Key: Bb, Range to low Eb
- Two piece ABS resin body
- 19keys, 7 covered finger holes
- Nickel or Silver plated keys
- Boehm System
- BCL4C Mouthpiece
- Adjustable floor peg
- (Also available in the 221II model, with nickel plated keywork)
Established in 1887, and named after Torakusu Yamaha, the ever popular brand, 'Yamaha' have had a renowned history of quality, reliability and artistic excellence in the field of instrument making. Yamaha instruments are durable and well built, enabling players to create attractive and responsive sounds, excellent projection and even intonation. Yamaha have a vast range of instruments to their name from beginner to professional models, it is through their design processes that they continue to develop, evolving to suit the musicians needs incorporating different technologies in order to stay at the forefront of instrument making.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.