Walter Grabner CXZ K13 Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece
The CXZ K13 Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece from Walter Grabner takes many of the same great qualities of the original K11 mouthpiece, but it has been tailored for players who prefer a slightly softer strength reed. The CXZ K13 has been optimised for Vandoren V12 3 ½ strength. An incredibly popular model for professionals, drawing from the chicago area craftsmen which have been revered for many years.
With a medium closed tip opening and a medium curved baffle, the CXZ K13, tunes to 440Hz with a standard (66mm) barrel, the K13 Bb clarinet mouthpiece can play at 442Hz with a 65mm barrel. With an enhanced lower baffle a deeper, darker tone with reinforced lower harmonics are achieved. Grabner strives to duplicate the qualities of classic mouthpieces, whilst taking advantage of modern materials and techniques. In our opinion, he does succeed in creating an impressive professional mouthpiece.
- Tip Opening: 1.04 - 1.06 mm
- Medium Curve
- Optimised for Vandoren V12 3½ reeds
- Pitch: 440
About Walter Grabner
A musician and a craftsman, Walter Grabner has been hand crafting his mouthpieces for over twenty years. Supplying them in over 57 countries worldwide and producing over 10,000 pieces, Grabner has a large selection of mouthpieces for many types of musician. Treating every mouthpiece as an individual, independently serial numbered and recorded with facing info, internal and external dimensions and the type and origin of the blank so if your mouthpiece is lost or broken, it can be duplicated by Grabner, an important future protection scheme for your playing security.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.