Vandoren B45 Lyre Profile 88 Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece
Incorporating a more open tip than the standard B45 and a tip rail length halfway between the B45 and the B40 (another of Vandoren’s most popular mouthpieces), helping to produce a compact and centred tone. Thought to feel slightly more resistant than the B45, this model has one of the widest tip openings available in Vandoren’s range which would explain these findings.
This flexible mouthpiece can be played within any setting and used for any genre of music; this would be another great option for doublers especially with the profile 88 beak, which would be similar to the more streamlined form of the saxophone mouthpiece. Because of its dimensions (medium long facing and open tip), it is recommended that you choose softer reeds so as to maintain the purity of sound and allow the air to flow freely.
The B45 Lyre Profile 88, is a great intermediate-professional mouthpiece that is able to project whilst keeping its warm, rich tonal colours. This mouthpiece has the ability to work with you and your clarinet to get a full dynamic sound, accurate articulations and response across the entire range.
Vandoren strive to make a mouthpiece that is suitable for every musician, so with such a large selection to choose from, there should be a mouthpiece that really suits your playing style, needs and wants.
- Tip Opening – 127
- Facing Length – Medium-Long
- Recommended Vandoren reed strengths:
Established in 1905 (Paris) and founded by clarinettist, Eugène Van Doren, Vandoren Paris are a world renowned brand specialising in clarinet and saxophone reeds, mouthpieces, ligatures and other accessories. Vandoren combine innovative designs with state of the art machinery (using engineering tolerance below 1/100th of a millimeter) to produce products of outstanding quality.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.