Silverstein Works Original Ligature & Cap- Carbon Black
The Silverstein Original Carbon Black finish Bb Clarinet ligature is a cord ligature, made from dotted cord with a a thinner thread running through- meaning even less contact and pressure with the reed. This allows for greater control, dynamic sound and an overall richer tone. The idea behind this ligature, is to free the reed.
This original Carbon Black comes with 2 fine tuners, which change how the ligature responds to the vibrations of the reed. By altering the position of these tuners, you can focus and colour your sound, giving you complete control and flexibility. The closer these are positioned to the reed the more focus to your sound; whereas the further away from the reed a less focus sound is achieved
Each Silverstein A-frame ligature comes with a sound adjustment nut, which is positioned opposite the reed and is used to adjust the tension on the cord. By tightening less, the sound is darker and the reed vibrates more. Also, allowing for different thicknesses of reed, if a reed is too thin, by tightening the mechanism more, it makes the reed sound like a thicker reed and vice versa.
Silverstein use an advanced metal alloy with a special coating for better resonance. For this, a nano-scale polymer layer is formed by coating the surface of the ligature- improving durability and aesthetics creating a mirrored finish.
There are around 8 different models of Silverstein ligature in varying sizes to match your mouthpiece size from the Prelude to the Maestro, so whether you play Eb clarinet or bass clarinet, there’ll be one to fit.
- Cord Ligature: Aerospace Grade Material with Zero Elasticity
- Fine Tuning System- (2 fine tuners for detailed control)
- Carbon Black Finish
- 2 Year Warranty
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.