Selmer Seles Presence Bb Clarinet - Black
With it's sleek black plated keywork, the NEW Selmer Seles Presence has got to be one of the coolest instruments around today. The Selmer Presence Bb Clarinet is part of the Seles range. It is Selmer’s first truly fresh clarinet design for quite some years. There has been a great deal of research and design behind each and every manufacturing process and decision. It has new positioning and sizing of tone holes, a new shape of the internal bore and new layout of the keywork. This all helps to create a rich and balanced tone especially in the lower register. Often considered out of the price range for intermediate players, Selmer has finally opened their range up and this instrument will be a real contender in the improvers market. The new black finish has been in the works for some time to produce and smart and exciting looking clarinet that isn't cheap and likely to wear off. The finish has actually been road tested for some time on the body rings of Selmer's top Privilege model and has stood up to extensive testing. If there is a cooler looking instrument on the market today, we haven't seen it.
- Matte Black finish keywork
- Specially selected Grenadilla wood
- naturally treated, lacquered and waterproofed for protection
- Selmer Concept/Focus Mouthpiece
- Fitted with Valentino pads that offer a long lasting durable and water resistant finish
- Supplied in Presence case
This instrument is made of a CITES Appendix II listed material. To see what this means for you click here.
About Selmer Paris
Founded in Paris in 1885, Henri Selmer began producing professional grade clarinets in 1898 amongst other wind and brass instruments. During this time, his brother Alexandre Selmer was progressing up through the ranks of the top American Orchestras playing on Selmer Paris clarinets, eventually becoming Principal clarinet of the New York Philharmonic in 1909. He subsequently set up a shop in New York selling Selmer Paris clarinets and later returned to France, entrusting the running of the shop to a fellow colleague. On Alexandre’s return to France, the workshops of Selmer began to expand due to the continuing popularity of the brand. Selmer have continued to add to their extensive range of instruments over the years and continue to be a respected brand name worldwide.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.