SD System Flute Microphone FX1
SD System Flute Microphone FX1 is a wired flute microphone. Very responsive and convenient, this flexible microphone can be used in any setting from classical to pop. Designed specifically for the flute, the FX1 matches the frequencies from the instrument, resulting in a natural and clear sound production.
The FX1 is attached to the top of the head joint via a foam dampened clamp, which reduces noise pickup from the clamp itself. It also comes with a silver lacquered flexible swan neck for easy adjustment. With a lightweight attached pre-amp, with volume control, it is easily attached to a belt via a Velcro patch leaving simple volume alterations at your fingertips. The FX1 is powered by 1 x 9V battery.
SD System's FX1 offers a good quality microphone at an affordable price. Supplied in a hard carry case with foam inserts, to protect your microphone whilst in transit. All you need, is to attach a jack to jack cable (not included); because of a low impedance, you can choose a relatively long cable without getting sound degradation; plug into an amp or mixer and you're good to go!
- Flute Microphone (C-flute)
- Power Source: 1 x 9V Battery
- Volume Control on Pre-amp
- Clamp: Stainless Steel with Foam Lining
- Output: 6.3mm Jack Cable (not included)
- Finish: Silver Lacquer
- Back-electret Condenser Microphone
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Sensitivity: -64dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 140dB
- Frequency Response: 80Hz-20kHz
About SD Systems
Starting in the early 80s with the question ‘How should a sax player in a rockband manage to project the sound of his horn over the dominant group sound?’ SD Systems decided to try and solve the problem. No mic existed with the quality of sound without limiting the freedom of movement of the player. The SD Systems designers Serge Scarier and Rob Dugour (sax players too) went about developing a microphone that would do all of this.
Being musicians was a great advantage for the development of the mics. Working to get the best sound from their microphones by perfecting placements, eliminating key sounds and creating microphones that would work for professionals from all around the world.
Based in Amsterdam, Holland, they produce more than 22 different systems, producing on demand, they are able to make these high-quality systems more affordable and allow for each model to be tested and in some cases hand make parts specially. Wanting to help musicians get what they need from their microphones is a big part of SD Systems ethos, so a small section of their company has been set aside for custom making systems for instruments which have very limited or no options available, such as (contra)bassoons, bass clarinets and more!
SD system products are desirable by active, touring musicians. Knowing the microphones are designed and tested by experienced performers.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.