Rovner Proteus Rectangular Bore Clarinet Barrel
When it comes to intonation, we didn't want to cut corners...so we added them! Leave it to Rovner™ Products to continue to find new ways to break through your personal "sound barriers" and help you achieve your musical goals!
- Superior intonation and greater ease of play for every level player!
- A revolutionary approach that allows the player to personalize the playing experience by simply rotating the barrel to the position that yields the preferred tone and most dynamic response. The rectangular bore can be positioned vertically, horizontally, or on a diagonal. Icons on the barrel help identify its orientation.
- Groundbreaking design increases tonal dimension, increases clarity of throat tones, results in more even scales, improves altissimo, and provides better articulation and projection.
- Constructed of a durable polymer with the NEW Pro-Finish, an attractive semi-matte texture similar to woodgrain.
- Available in Sizes 64, 65 and 66 for assisting in achieving the best possible tuning. (Hint: Perpetually flat when you switch from sax to clarinet? Choose a shorter barrel!)
- Proudly made in the USA.
Engineered to generate the broadest, most even harmonic spectrum, the Rovner™ Rectangular Bore Barrel is a superb choice for the woodwind "doubler" who finds that saxophone "chops" are a bit loose for clarinet, and who might otherwise tend to play flat when switching instruments.
Founded in 1974 by Phil Rovner with the creation of one ligature- the original Dark. Their range has since grown to include four “classic” models, four “NextGeneration” models, and unique Rovner Turbo-Charger Kit. Being distributed worldwide, Rovner ligatures are enjoyed by a variety of musicians, from beginners to professionals. With all their materials being put through rigorous testing to ensure its durability, to imbue it with energetic response and to ensure its corrosion resistance.
Designed with not only performance but price in mind, the Next Generation ligatures are value for money, and like the Classic models before them, are durable, high-functioning and long-lasting. Each ligature is handmade in the U.S.A., and is inspected to ensure it complies with the Rovner’s dedication to quality.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.