Florian Popa Vortex Concert Barrel Bb Clarinet - SALE PRICE!
Sale of new, unboxed ex-display products. One only at this price!
The Vortex Concert Barrel for Bb Clarinet is handcrafted in Ebony. Described by Popa as the ‘brain’ of the clarinet, capable of improving resonance timbre and sound transmission. The idea behind the range of Vortex barrels, is to design a barrel that achieves a single direction of molecular movement, to increase resonance and tone.
Crafted in Ebony over 100 years old, the Vortex Concert Barrel is a versatile barrel that is designed especially for soloists and will work well in any musical setting.
The Vortex Concert barrel has thinner walls than the Vortex Symphony model, meaning that a more focused sound can be achieved, whilst maintaining a rich velvety tone. The way the harmonics are channelled through this barrel, the clarinets performance in higher registers is improved and a richness is achieved.
the Vortex barrel can work with you to achieve your own individual and unique sound. This customisation is a simple way to alter your clarinets tone and to improve its response.
Each of the Vortex barrels come with magnetic points, which allow for the attachment of Popa’s unique PowerSound. An energising crystal, which increases the energy and controls the orientation of the sound waves. Purifying the sound and eliminating static electricity from your instrument which can affect the overall tone and projection.
(PowerSound sold separately)
- Handmade with carefully selected ebony
- Black/Brown Finish
- Magnetic points to attach the Power Sound
About Florian Popa
In 2010, Dr. Florian Popa decided to found his own company manufacturing and selling accessories for clarinet and saxophone under the name of ClarSax Popa S.L. committed to quality which musicians need. Dr. Popa, specialised in acoustics and phenomenology of music, ‘guaranteeing the excellence if each of the products’. Taking three factors in to account: futuristic concept; exclusive design, materials with an acoustic criteria applied.
A family business, located in the north of Spain, the team are overseen by Dr. Popa himself so as to maintain the acoustic qualities that are applied to all their accessories, with a focus on handcrafting.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.