Florian Popa Ebony Concert Ligature Bass Clarinet
Florian Popa’s Ebony Concert Ligature for Bass clarinet is handcrafted in ebony that is over 100 years old, specially sourced and chosen for its acoustic benefits. Specifically designed with the classical player in mind, the Ebony Concert ligature is a patented design which helps to emit a dark timbre.
With Popa’s signature twist and fix motion to attach your reed to the mouthpiece, you can save time in the instrument assembly phase. Creating a friction fit, this allows for an even pressure distribution on your mouthpiece to create fluidity between the vibrations from your reed and your clarinet.
This completely handcrafted circular ligature offers a flexibility of tonal colours, with great resonance and harmonic richness. A great example of Popa’s drive to create luxury products with acoustics, design and materials at the forefront.
- Handmade with carefully selected ebony
- One Piece- Twist fix
- Due to the one-piece design of this ligature, they are designed to fit individual mouthpiece brands. (Please contact us if you have a mouthpiece from different manufacturers listed so as to get the best fit).
- Special Order for Eb/Alto clarinet Ebony Symphony Ligatures
About Florian Popa
In 2010, Dr. Florian Popa decided to found his own company manufacturing and selling accessories for clarinet and saxophone under the name of ClarSax Popa S.L. committed to quality which musicians need. Dr. Popa, specialised in acoustics and phenomenology of music, ‘guaranteeing the excellence if each of the products’. Taking three factors in to account: futuristic concept; exclusive design, materials with an acoustic criteria applied.
A family business, located in the north of Spain, the team are overseen by Dr. Popa himself so as to maintain the acoustic qualities that are applied to all their accessories, with a focus on handcrafting.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.