Buffet Tosca Bass Clarinet to Low C
The Buffet Tosca Bass Clarinet is in keeping with the high standards of Buffet’s celebrated models produced before 1998. It gives players a subtle blend of traditional and new technologies. The Tosca has an intuitive, soundless mechanism which liberates the artist from the usual constraints imposed by the key action on the lower joint and the movements of the plateau keys of the instrument. The Tosca has been created with the symphonic orchestras in mind and broadens the spectrum of sound already appreciated in the existing B-flat and A models launched in 2004, and the E-flat model in 2010. It has a well-focused sound and vibrant tone. Assisted by the unique new register key system, it allows the most demanding musician the ability to play the instrument's entire repertoire with an exceptional freedom and confidence. And all this for a very reasonable price!
- Key : Bb (Down to low C)
- Pitch : 440 Hz / 442 Hz
- Grenadilla wood
- Tosca bore design
- Synthetic cork on neck tenon with adjusting screw
- Adjustable thumb key with newly designed thumb key system
- 24 Silver-plated keys
- Unique register key system (bright Bb) / Rubber dampers
- Tosca Mechanism
- New double low D & Eb
- Tenons – Metal capped
- Leather pads with metal resonators and cork pads
This instrument is made of a CITES Appendix II listed material. To see what this means for you click here.
Established in Paris in 1825, Buffet Crampon has built up a highly respected worldwide brand name producing a range of clarinets of exceptional quality (amongst a range of other wind instruments).
For nearly 200 years, Buffet Crampon have continued to research advanced techniques and design ideas as well as collaborating with renowned artists to create instruments with technical precision and great artistry. As a company, Buffet Crampon have always made it a policy to employ instrument craftsmen, engineers and sales representatives who are themselves musicians. Through the combination of traditional methods, advanced techniques and listening to the advice of renowned players, Buffet have created a range instruments of artistic and technical excellence.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after its long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.