Bari Original Bb Clarinet Reed
The Bari Original Bb clarinet reed enable players to create responsive, vibrant and brilliant tones with outstanding focus and projection. They give an immediate response in tone and articulation. Being made from a synthetic material they are not susceptible to heat or moisture and so make great reeds for musicians who double and play outside. They are also less vulnerable to cracking or chipping and so have a much longer life span than a normal cane reed. Available in various strengths we can definitely find the right reed for you. Bari reeds are also available for Bass clarinet and Saxophone.
- Available in strengths - Soft, Medium Soft, Medium, Medium Hard, Hard
- Made in the USA
- Brilliant and vibrant sound
- Great projection and focus
- Immediate response
Bari Reeds are designed by Wolfe Taninbaum (Stage name - Wolf Tayne) - Former musician in famous orchestras including Les Brown, Benny Goodman, Jimmy Dorsey, CBS and NBC). After years of frustration with playing on inconsistent reeds, he decided to move away from the traditional cane designs and in 1952, created his own reed using synthetic materials.
Approximate strength guide
- Soft 2-2.5
- Medium Soft 2.5-3
- Medium 3-3.5
- Medium Hard 3.5-4
- Hard 4-4.5
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.