125th Anniversary Hohner Marine Band Harmonica
January 30th, 2021 will mark the 125th anniversary of the most iconic
and influential harmonica model of all time – the HOHNER Marine Band.
Since 1896, it has stood for craftsmanship, quality and the spirit of HOHNER
around the world, helping create the musical history of the 20th century.
To mark the occasion, we are releasing a special edition replica of the instrument that shaped the music of legends like Little Walter or Sonny Terry and
is still synonymous with blues harmonica today.
This special edition is a faithful reproduction of the original Marine Band which quickly became the best selling harmonica in the world and is synonymous with Harmonicas and that classic Blues sound. Featuring the original cover artwork and dual-tone comb lacquer, this harmonica is a blast from the past and even comes in a neat little vintage style cardboard case. What better way to celebrate 125 years of the world's leading harmonicas with a replica of the world's best!
- Available in Key of C
- Original Vintage styling
- Diatonic tuning
- Number of holes -10
- 20 brass reeds
- Stainless steel Cover surface
- 0,9 mm brass Reed plates
- Brass Reed plate surface
- Original Ochre/Black lacquered and sealed wooden comb
- Detailed reproduction of the covers with the legendary “Mouse Ear“ tabs and the original artwork embossing
- Vintage cardboad box in historic design
- 10 cm Length
In 1857, Matthias Hohner established a small harmonica factory in Germany and over the past 150 years, the Hohner Group have grown to become a highly successful brand worldwide. Hohner Harmonicas are a popular choice with pop, rock and blues artists worldwide due to the outstanding manufacturing quality and design of the models. They offer a huge range of diatonic and chromatic models suitable for the total beginner through to professional players. As well as Harmonicas, Hohner also manufacture accordions, melodicas, recorders and guitars.
1. On arrival, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & adjusted in-store. This is essential as every instrument requires some attention after it’s long journey from the factory.
2. Once sold, every Clarinet & Flute is checked & regulated for a second time as the set-up can be affected by the new materials expanding & contracting according to environmental conditions.
3. New instruments purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE check over and adjustment.